What is the harm of spinal misalignment during sleep?

As soon as we are able to curl up in bed by ourselves, we fix on a preferred sleep posture; crawling into bed and assuming the same position every night without much thought. Our sleep environment often becomes the object of our aches and pains; the bed is too firm or the pillow is too soft. But it is possible that your sleep posture is to blame. Misalignment during sleep can put stress and strain on the spine, neck, shoulder, hips and jaw which in turn affects how you feel the next day. It can also sabotage your ability to relax well enough to fall asleep.

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

Don’t Let Light Pollution Keep You Up at Night
Chances are you’ve spent more than one night tossing and turning—up to 70 million U.S. adults have a sleep disorder. But what can help you sleep bette...
What are some tips to help me sleep better?
If you have trouble falling asleep, you may need to include some sleep tactics in your bag of bedroo...
How can having a sleep routine help me sleep better?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Establish a regular, relaxing nighttime ritual. By doing the same calming ritual before going to bed...
The One Thing Martha Stewart Is Bad At
The One Thing Martha Stewart Is Bad At