How should I deal with fatigue after surgery?

Any surgery will leave you feeling tired. Your body is healing. Try these tips to help speed the process:

• Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep each night. Rest throughout the day.
• Eat well balanced, healthy meals.
• Tell your family what they can do to help you get the rest you need.
• Call your doctor if you become more tired (rather than less) each day, or
  if you’re dizzy for more than a few seconds at a time.
Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
After your surgery follow the surgeon's post-operative instructions carefully. In my practice, our patients stay well hydrated, have bedrest with intermittent ambulation to prevent deep venous thrombosis, no heavy lifting, and soft diet for 48 hours. Only take pain medications and sedatives when necessary. Always have someone with you for assistance for in case of emergency.

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

6 Ways You Can Turn Your Bedroom Into a Sleep Sanctuary
A good night's sleep can help you feel energized, lower your risk of obesity, improve concentration and so much more. And you probably know that windi...
Do people sleep better alone or with a partner?
Nothing like a bit of quiet and solitude when you need some deep sleep. Most people claim to sleep b...
How can I fall asleep faster?
Environmental factors like lighting and room temperature can help you fall asleep and stay aslee...
How Can a Wearable Tracker Improve My Sleep?