Can caffeine make up for a lack of sleep?

Caffeine can certainly mask the effects of sleep deprivation by waking you up, but you still need real sleep to refresh your mind and body. In this video, I will explain why caffeine cannot make up for a lack of sleep. 
Dawn Marcus
Neurology
Sleep experts in Switzerland found that sleep deprivation temporarily worsened people's mental capabilities. When these same sleep-deprived people had caffeine, simple mental processes did improve. Complex mental activities, however, do not improve with caffeine. So don't use caffeine to avoid feeling the need for sleep. Taking the time to get adequate sleep will improve your performance and productivity, making up for the time "lost" by sleeping.
Fit As Fido: Follow Your Dog to Better Health

Let your dog teach you to live a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life! Companionship with your pet can be used as a means and a motivator to increase your own physical and mental fitness....

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

Don’t Let Light Pollution Keep You Up at Night
Chances are you’ve spent more than one night tossing and turning—up to 70 million U.S. adults have a sleep disorder. But what can help you sleep bette...
What can interfere with sleep quality?
The following are behaviors to avoid to improve the quality of your sleep: Having caffeine after l...
What are some tips to help me sleep better?
If you have trouble falling asleep, you may need to include some sleep tactics in your bag of bedroo...
What Items Do I Need to Help Me Sleep More Soundly?