Do adolescents and older children need more sleep than adults?

Yes.  While typical adults will require seven to nine hours of sleep per evening.,  adolescents and older children generally speaking require nine to ten hours. This is required for the continued growth that they are experiencing, both mentally and physically.

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

What to Eat When You Cannot Sleep
What to Eat When You Cannot Sleep
One of the main casualties of our always-on, push-notified, binge-watching world is sleep. What’s worrisome is that we may not realize just how much o...
How can I make it easier to sleep in my dorm room?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Here are some dorm room makeover tips: • If possible, strategically arrange the bedroom furniture ar...
6 Simple Tricks to Help You Stop Snoring Tonight
6 Simple Tricks to Help You Stop Snoring Tonight6 Simple Tricks to Help You Stop Snoring Tonight6 Simple Tricks to Help You Stop Snoring Tonight6 Simple Tricks to Help You Stop Snoring Tonight
Here's a hint: your sleep position makes a big difference. Roughly 90 million American adults snore. It's often caused by the constriction of air flow...
Happy Couples Sleep in Sync
Happy Couples Sleep in Sync