What is the natural moisturizing factor (NMF)?

NMF is skin's own self moisturizing tool. It's made up of a mixture of watersoluble compounds such as amino acids which bind to water and hold onto it. The skin cells that make up the outermost layer of the epidermis, known as the stratum corneum, produce and contain NMF as a way to hydrate the surface layer.

Continue Learning about Healthy Skin

A Virtual Journey Through the Skin
A Virtual Journey Through the Skin
In this video, dermatologist Doris Day shares an up close look at the skin. Learn how the different layers of the skin function and what the skin reve...
What is cellulite?
About 90% of women have cellulite, which is characterized by lumpy deposits of fat that lie just...
6 Foods Your Skin Will Love
6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love
Fill your plate with nutrient-rich foods for younger-looking, glowing skin.
How Should I Take Care of My Oily Skin?
How Should I Take Care of My Oily Skin?