What is elastin?

Elastin is a protein-rich connective tissue that makes skin elastic, able to stretch and go back into shape.  Loss of elastin contributes to skin sagging as we age.  Watch the animation to see the effects of aging on the skin.

Continue Learning about Healthy Skin

A Virtual Journey Through the Skin
A Virtual Journey Through the Skin
In this video, dermatologist Doris Day shares an up close look at the skin. Learn how the different layers of the skin function and what the skin reve...
How do I keep my skin healthy and looking younger?
The secret to healthy and younger looking skin is a series of common sense steps. To learn more abou...
6 Foods Your Skin Will Love
6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love
Fill your plate with nutrient-rich foods for younger-looking, glowing skin.
How Should I Take Care of My Oily Skin?
How Should I Take Care of My Oily Skin?