What foods can help firm up my skin?

If wrinkles, sagging, bags under your eyes and cellulite are major concerns for you, firm up your skin cells by eating foods high in anthocyanin, an antioxidant that fights free radical damage and builds collagen. Purple varieties of potatoes, carrots and tomatoes all have different types of anthocyanin.

A new health food, the kakadu plum, or the billygoat plum, which is native to Australia, is said to contain the highest level of anthocyanin and is believed to be the richest known natural source of vitamin C. While the kakadu plum fruit is not yet available in stores, but there is a drink mix that you can find online. Just add water to reap the benefits of tighter, firmer skin.

Continue Learning about Healthy Skin

A Virtual Journey Through the Skin
A Virtual Journey Through the Skin
In this video, dermatologist Doris Day shares an up close look at the skin. Learn how the different layers of the skin function and what the skin reve...
What are some natural treatments for healthy skin?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Apart from a healthy diet, any attempt at healthy skin must include a regular fitness routine that g...
6 Foods Your Skin Will Love
6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love
Fill your plate with nutrient-rich foods for younger-looking, glowing skin. What's the best advice for healthy, beautiful, young-looking skin? Eat up!...
How Should I Take Care of My Oily Skin?
How Should I Take Care of My Oily Skin?