How can I maintain healthy skin?

Lisa Marie Rosati
Herbal Medicine
Daily brushing of your skin before bathing or showering is important for skin health. Here are some of the benefits you'll experience:
  • It wakes up the body leaving you tingly all over
  • Removes dead layers of skin leaving you with a beautiful and natural glow
  • Helps to unclog pores
  • Improves blood circulation and encourages lymphatic circulation and drainage
  • Stimulates your nerve endings (GOOD MORNING- it really wakes you up!)
  • Helps to decrease cellulite (Thank You!)
  • Helps to strengthen the immune system

I use a soft boar’s bristle brush from a health food or natural living store. A vegetable fiber brush works nicely too.  Be sure that it has a long handle so that you can reach all around your body. When you rub it should feel like a skin massage and not like road rash all over your body… use a brush with S-O-F-T bristles.

Before bathing or showering, on dry skin begin with your toes and feet. Massage your skin in small circular motions. Move in an upward direction towards your heart, little circles. The circles should be about 5-8 inches in diameter. Once all toes, both feet and legs are done and you are at your heart stop and begin with one hand and work in a circular motion up the arm towards the armpit and to the shoulders. Do the same on the other arm. Next brush your stomach, chest, back and neck. The massage should feel pleasurable and not painful in the least.

Shower or bathe as usual. Be sure to wash your skin brush every two weeks or so in warm soapy water and let dry in a sunny location.

To maintain healthy skin, you should first try to avoid the numerous things in the environment that are harmful to your skin. Environmental pollution, ultraviolent light (sunshine), extreme temperatures, wind, sweating and using the wrong skin products can all damage that important outer layer. The good news is that you have the power to maintain healthy skin. Among the steps you can take:
  • Protect your skin from the sun.
  • Protect your skin from dryness.
  • Clean your skin properly.
  • Check your skin carefully.

Continue Learning about Healthy Skin

Fresh Fruit, Fresh Complexion
Fresh Fruit, Fresh Complexion
You really can fight wrinkles from the inside out. And there's a fruit that can lead the charge. It's papaya. What makes papaya so perfect? Easy. Vit...
What nutrients help skin heal faster?
Some research indicates that specific nutrients are essential for speedy healing of skin wounds....
6 Foods Your Skin Will Love
6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love
Fill your plate with nutrient-rich foods for younger-looking, glowing skin.
Why Should I Avoid Using a Tanning Bed?
Why Should I Avoid Using a Tanning Bed?