How can I make sure a facial doesn't irritate my skin?

Don’t ask for the double-diamond special; start with the most gentle form available to you, and don’t plan your facial the same day as a big night out. You may experience some redness and tenderness, but a good facial should not irritate your skin to the point at which it triggers inflammation and acne. Ask your friends for a recommendation on a particular spa and/or trusted facialist so you don’t have to choose somebody blindly.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Healthy Skin

what kinds of pollution can affect my skin ?
Environmental pollution may affect skin similarly to smoking. Examples of environmental pollutan...
do fat cells undergo changes that make us look older ?
With aging, the subcutaneous layer of fat thins in certain areas, mainly the face, the hands, and th...
what can i do to fight the aging of the skin around my eyes ?
tips to manage your Child eczema
tips to manage your Child eczema