How can I make sure a facial doesn't irritate my skin?

Don’t ask for the double-diamond special; start with the most gentle form available to you, and don’t plan your facial the same day as a big night out. You may experience some redness and tenderness, but a good facial should not irritate your skin to the point at which it triggers inflammation and acne. Ask your friends for a recommendation on a particular spa and/or trusted facialist so you don’t have to choose somebody blindly.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Healthy Skin

Eat These Foods for a Healthy Winter "Tan"
No need to feel pasty faced in February. You can get your summer blush back -- even midwinter -- just by making a few special picks in the produce ais...
What is cellulite?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Cellulite is a natural result of aging. It can hardly be called a disease, since over 90% of wom...
6 Foods Your Skin Will Love
6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love
Fill your plate with nutrient-rich foods for younger-looking, glowing skin.
Fight Wrinkles With Tomato Paste
Fight Wrinkles With Tomato Paste