How can I make sure a facial doesn't irritate my skin?

Don’t ask for the double-diamond special; start with the most gentle form available to you, and don’t plan your facial the same day as a big night out. You may experience some redness and tenderness, but a good facial should not irritate your skin to the point at which it triggers inflammation and acne. Ask your friends for a recommendation on a particular spa and/or trusted facialist so you don’t have to choose somebody blindly.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Healthy Skin

Fresh Fruit, Fresh Complexion
Fresh Fruit, Fresh Complexion
You really can fight wrinkles from the inside out. And there's a fruit that can lead the charge. It's papaya. What makes papaya so perfect? Easy. Vit...
How can quercetin help keep my skin healthy?
Ben KaminskyBen Kaminsky
Quercetin may be a primary reason why the adage about eating "an apple a day" has been associate...
6 Foods Your Skin Will Love
6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love
Fill your plate with nutrient-rich foods for younger-looking, glowing skin.
Enjoy Pumpkin for Glowing Skin
Enjoy Pumpkin for Glowing Skin