How much water should I drink for healthy skin?

While drinking water won't actually moisturize your skin, it will help your internal organs function properly, which affects your skin's health and beauty. Staying hydrated helps minimize the appearance of fine wrinkles and leaves you with a younger, healthier appearance. Drinking about 8 glasses of water each day helps to keep your body hydrated.

Diana K. Blythe, MD
Pediatrics
The amount of water you should drink in order to have a healthy body and skin is just enough to keep your urine a light straw color. Usually this is about 4-5 glasses per day. However if you exercise heavily or work in a hot environment, you may need more like 8-10 glasses per day.

Continue Learning about Healthy Skin

Eat Sweet Potatoes for Wrinkle-Free Skin
No one wants to be a potato face. Unless you're talking about sweet potatoes. Turns out that the beta carotene in sweet potatoes helps combat rough, ...
What happens to skin when it is exposed to ultraviolet light?
When skin is exposed to ultraviolet (UV) light—the type of light in sunlight—several things happen. ...
6 Foods Your Skin Will Love
6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love6 Foods Your Skin Will Love
Fill your plate with nutrient-rich foods for younger-looking, glowing skin.
Why Should I Avoid Using a Tanning Bed?
Why Should I Avoid Using a Tanning Bed?