How do celebrities lighten their skin?

Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect that celebrities either undergo laser or chemical peels, or use a drug called Benaquin cream. This is a drug that kills the pigment producing cells and is intended as a last ditch effort to even out the splotchiness that occurs in that terribly disfiguring disease called vitiligo.

Continue Learning about Healthy Skin

Healthy Skin

Healthy Skin

Staying out of the sun and away from tanning beds is the easiest way to get great-looking skin. The suns UVB and UVA rays cause skin damage, which is prematurely aging, and skin cancer. Every day you should wear a broad-spectrum s...

unscreen, which blocks UVB and UVA rays, with an SPF of 15 or higher. Reapply at least every two hours while outdoors. For a dewy glow, use skin-care products with 10 ingredients or less to reduce irritation, use moisturizer and feed your skin from within. Dark chocolate and antioxidant-rich foods such as cantaloupe, citrus fruits, blueberries and leafy greens improve the skin’s appearance.