Does my skin have any natural protection?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Your skin provides natural protection against the dangers of the environment, including the sun, temperature variations, wet or dry conditions and germs. The oils secreted by skin trap foreign particles and help keep the body free from infection. You can help your skin do its job by taking good care of it. Avoid using harsh soaps that can dry or irritate your skin. Use mild cleansers that are gentle to your skin, and slather your skin with moisturizer to keep it hydrated. Also use sunscreen daily to protect the skin from the sun's UVB and UVA rays. Frequently check your skin for unusual spots or growths and see your doctor if you have any concerns about your skin.

Continue Learning about Healthy Skin

what are some antioxidants that protect my skin ?
Antioxidants may help protect skin against free radical damage. Examples include vitamin C (asco...
what happens to skin when it is exposed to ultraviolet light ?
Dr. Ellen E. Marmur, MDDr. Ellen E. Marmur, MD
Melanocytes have the crucial job of producing melanin, the pigment that absorbs ultraviolet light fr...
what can i teach my daughter so that she will have healthy skin for life ?
The recipe for keeping skin healthy for life is just keeping her insides healthy. So choose healthy ...
what foods keep skin healthy ?
what foods keep skin healthy ?