In one study, just 6 weeks of a daily dose of cocoa made skin smoother, better hydrated, and less sun sensitive. And 12 weeks did even more. All thanks to the skin-boosting antioxidants in cocoa, called flavonols. But it's got to be dark chocolate, according to RealAge skin expert Dr. Amy Wechsler: "Skip cocoa mixes, which don't have the same flavonol levels, and go for the real thing: dark, unadulterated cacao powder that contains 70% or more cacao."
- Q Can cucumber benefit my skin?
- Q How does yo-yo dieting affect my skin?
- Q What can I eat to protect my skin from the sun?
- Q Why is red wine good for my skin?
- Q What foods should I eat to stay looking and feeling young?
- Q What are the benefits of eating beans for my skin?