In one study, just 6 weeks of a daily dose of cocoa made skin smoother, better hydrated, and less sun sensitive. And 12 weeks did even more. All thanks to the skin-boosting antioxidants in cocoa, called flavonols. But it's got to be dark chocolate, according to RealAge skin expert Dr. Amy Wechsler: "Skip cocoa mixes, which don't have the same flavonol levels, and go for the real thing: dark, unadulterated cacao powder that contains 70% or more cacao."
- Q Is using a product that contains soy good for my skin?
- Q How can eating butternut squash help my skin?
- Q What food products are good for my skin?
- Q What are the benefits of eating fruits for my skin?
- Q What do soya proteins do for the skin?
- Q How does water consumption improve my appearance?