In one study, just 6 weeks of a daily dose of cocoa made skin smoother, better hydrated, and less sun sensitive. And 12 weeks did even more. All thanks to the skin-boosting antioxidants in cocoa, called flavonols. But it's got to be dark chocolate, according to RealAge skin expert Dr. Amy Wechsler: "Skip cocoa mixes, which don't have the same flavonol levels, and go for the real thing: dark, unadulterated cacao powder that contains 70% or more cacao."
- Q What can I eat to protect my skin from damage?
- Q What foods can keep my skin looking young and healthy?
- Q Which foods help protect skin from the effects of sun exposure?
- Q How can genistein help keep my skin healthy?
- Q What should I do if my skin reacts after I eat a certain food?
- Q What are some foods that can help treat dry skin during the fall?