What is a healthy recipe for a mango smoothie?

Island Shake

Makes: 3 servings
Prep time: 6 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes

Ingredients
  • 1 medium, ripe DOLE® Banana
  • 2 cups DOLE Frozen Mango Chunks or Sliced Peaches, partially thawed
  • 1 cup DOLE Pineapple Juice
  • 1 carton (6 ounces) peach or pina colada low fat yogurt
  • 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
Directions

Combine banana, mango chunks, pineapple juice, yogurt and lemon peel in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth.
Frances Largeman-Roth, RD
I love mangos! They are incredibly delicious, as well as an excellent source of vitamin C and owe their intensely colored flesh to high levels of carotenoids, a type of antioxidant. They are also a good source of vitamin A, which is vital for our immune systems. Mangos are also loaded with fiber.

Here’s my vegan Coco-Mango Smoothie recipe from my cookbook, Eating in Color. It has all the powers of mango, plus the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric. If you want to add a protein boost, add a scoop of protein powder made from plant protein. I hope you enjoy it!

Coco-Mango Smoothie
Serves 2
  • 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
  • Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
  • ½ cup coconut butter, such as Nutiva Coconut Manna
  • 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 1 cup ice, plus more for serving
In a blender, combine all of the ingredients with 1 cup of water and blend until smooth. Pour into 2 glasses over ice, if desired, and serve.
Eating in Color: Delicious, Healthy Recipes for You and Your Family

If art throughout the ages is any indication, few things are as visually stunning as the intensity of color present in nature. In Eating in Color, registered dietitian and bestselling author Frances...

Continue Learning about Recipes for Healthy Cooking

Roasted Asparagus Recipe
Roasted Asparagus Recipe
I love roasting asparagus — it’s so easy, and I put foil under the asparagus to keep the clean-up minimal. Just wash, trim (asparagus naturally breaks...
What is a good recipe that includes wheat germ?
Wheat germ can boost your mood and help you shed pounds, but how do you use it? In this video, D...
4 Easy, Low-Calorie Desserts
4 Easy, Low-Calorie Desserts4 Easy, Low-Calorie Desserts4 Easy, Low-Calorie Desserts4 Easy, Low-Calorie Desserts
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these healthy and delicious treats.
Creamy No-Boil Mashed Potatoes
Creamy No-Boil Mashed Potatoes