What is a healthy recipe for a mango smoothie?

Frances Largeman-Roth, RD
I love mangos! They are incredibly delicious, as well as an excellent source of vitamin C and owe their intensely colored flesh to high levels of carotenoids, a type of antioxidant. They are also a good source of vitamin A, which is vital for our immune systems. Mangos are also loaded with fiber.

Here’s my vegan Coco-Mango Smoothie recipe from my cookbook, Eating in Color. It has all the powers of mango, plus the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric. If you want to add a protein boost, add a scoop of protein powder made from plant protein. I hope you enjoy it!

Coco-Mango Smoothie
Serves 2
  • 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
  • Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
  • ½ cup coconut butter, such as Nutiva Coconut Manna
  • 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 1 cup ice, plus more for serving
In a blender, combine all of the ingredients with 1 cup of water and blend until smooth. Pour into 2 glasses over ice, if desired, and serve.
Eating in Color: Delicious, Healthy Recipes for You and Your Family

If art throughout the ages is any indication, few things are as visually stunning as the intensity of color present in nature. In Eating in Color, registered dietitian and bestselling author Frances...
Island Shake

Makes: 3 servings
Prep time: 6 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes

Ingredients
  • 1 medium, ripe DOLE® Banana
  • 2 cups DOLE Frozen Mango Chunks or Sliced Peaches, partially thawed
  • 1 cup DOLE Pineapple Juice
  • 1 carton (6 ounces) peach or pina colada low fat yogurt
  • 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
Directions

Combine banana, mango chunks, pineapple juice, yogurt and lemon peel in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth.

Continue Learning about Recipes for Healthy Cooking

Mushroom Rigatoni Recipe
Mushroom Rigatoni Recipe
Whether you're a vegetarian or are simply looking for a hearty alternative to meaty pasta, your taste buds will thank you for this mushroom-filled mea...
What is a recipe for kale chips?
Homemade kale chips are a great low-calorie snack. This one takes a little time, but you may decide ...
6 Tasty Snacks Under 200 Calories
6 Tasty Snacks Under 200 Calories6 Tasty Snacks Under 200 Calories6 Tasty Snacks Under 200 Calories6 Tasty Snacks Under 200 Calories
Fuel up the right way with these quick and nutritious snack ideas. 
A One-Pot Curry for a Crowd
A One-Pot Curry for a Crowd