What are ways of maintaining a whitened smile?

Once you've whitened your smile, you can help keep it bright for one to three years by:

• Practicing good oral hygiene, including brushing twice a day, flossing daily, and using an antiseptic mouthwash.
  • Avoiding dark-colored beverages such as coffee, tea, cola, and red wine for at least a week after whitening.
  • Sipping dark-colored beverages through a straw.
  • Giving up smoking or chewing tobacco.

Continue Learning about Healthy Oral Hygiene

To Floss or Not to Floss?
To Floss or Not to Floss?
W.C. Fields once said, “Horse sense is the thing a horse has, which keeps it from betting on people.” For some reason that came to mind when we read n...
What is a self-examination for dental plaque?
Gerald P. Curatola, DDSGerald P. Curatola, DDS
Dental plaque is an "unhealthy expression" of the oral biofilm that is an essential and protective b...
How does pycnogenol promote a healthy mouth?
Pycnogenol is a plant chemical derived from the bark of a certain type of pine tree. It's though...
What Can I Do About My Bad Teeth?
What Can I Do About My Bad Teeth?