How does pycnogenol promote a healthy mouth?

Jonathan B. Levine, DMD
Prosthodontics
Pycnogenol promotes overall wellness and overall health in the mouth. It's been proven to seal capillaries and bind collagen to decrease inflammation in the mouth, reduce plaque accumulation on teeth and improve overall circulation.
Smile!: The Ultimate Guide to Achieving Smile Beauty

Renowned dentist and creator of the GoSMILE product line Dr. Levine offers this complete guide to getting a whiter, brighter smile. 15 photos & illustrations.
Pycnogenol is a plant chemical derived from the bark of a certain type of pine tree. It's thought to act as an antioxidant and may have anti-inflammatory effects. One study found that people who used chewing gum containing pycnogenol for two weeks had less bleeding of the gums than people who chewed other types of gum. The study also found that the gum containing pycnogenol reduced the formation of plaque.

Continue Learning about Healthy Oral Hygiene

To Floss or Not to Floss?
To Floss or Not to Floss?
W.C. Fields once said, “Horse sense is the thing a horse has, which keeps it from betting on people.” For some reason that came to mind when we read n...
How do I remove plaque from my teeth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Plaque can be removed if you brush your teeth twice a day and floss (or use another between-the-...
How should I care for my teeth on a daily basis?
Peggy RosenPeggy Rosen
To take care of your teeth, you need to: Have good diets that contain large amount of vegetables...
What Can I Do About My Bad Teeth?
What Can I Do About My Bad Teeth?