How does pycnogenol promote a healthy mouth?

Pycnogenol is a plant chemical derived from the bark of a certain type of pine tree. It's thought to act as an antioxidant and may have anti-inflammatory effects. One study found that people who used chewing gum containing pycnogenol for two weeks had less bleeding of the gums than people who chewed other types of gum. The study also found that the gum containing pycnogenol reduced the formation of plaque.

Continue Learning about Healthy Oral Hygiene

why do i need to get my teeth cleaned ?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
At every exam, the dentist checks your mouth and neck for signs of disease. The dentist will evaluat...
how should i care for my teeth on a daily basis ?
The best way to care for your teeth on a daily basis is by brushing twice a day with a soft-bristled...
how abrasive should my toothpaste be ?
Most toothpastes contain mild abrasives, which are substances designed to remove debris from your te...
how often should i have my teeth cleaned ?
You should have a dental exam and cleaning at least once a year. Twice a year is best. Dental exams ...