How can I prevent my teeth from falling out?

When you were little, you probably couldn't wait for your teeth to fall out so you could get a visit from the tooth fairy. But now that you're older, losing your teeth doesn't seem like such an exciting prospect. To prevent your teeth from falling out, protect your gums so that they stay strong enough to hold your teeth in place. Brush your teeth and gums twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste and floss to get out any food residue that may be stuck between your teeth and gums. See your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings. And of course, don't smoke -- it's as bad for your gums as it is for your heart and lungs.
The best way to prevent your teeth from falling out is to practice good oral hygiene and schedule regular dental visits for professional cleanings. Good oral hygiene at home means always brushing your teeth twice a day for two minutes with a fluoride and remembering to floss daily. It also means to eat a balanced diet and to limit between-meal snacking. Remember, getting older doesn't mean losing teeth. 

Continue Learning about Healthy Oral Hygiene

To Floss or Not to Floss?
To Floss or Not to Floss?
W.C. Fields once said, “Horse sense is the thing a horse has, which keeps it from betting on people.” For some reason that came to mind when we read n...
What products are best to use for good dental health?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Talk to your dentist about what types of oral care products will be most effective for you. People's...
How should I care for my teeth on a daily basis?
Peggy RosenPeggy Rosen
To take care of your teeth, you need to: Have good diets that contain large amount of vegetables...
What Can I Do About My Bad Teeth?
What Can I Do About My Bad Teeth?