How should I choose an electric toothbrush?

You can pay a lot for an electric brush with all the bells and whistles, including sensors that stop the brush from pulsating if you brush too hard, multiple settings (including massage), and timers that signal when your brush time is up. Or you can go with a bare-bones variety and save some bucks. Whatever you choose, know this: motion matters. An oscillating, rotating power brush is a bit better at plaque removal than a side-to-side vibrating one.

Continue Learning about Healthy Oral Hygiene

To Floss or Not to Floss?
To Floss or Not to Floss?
W.C. Fields once said, “Horse sense is the thing a horse has, which keeps it from betting on people.” For some reason that came to mind when we read n...
Should I use a bacteria-fighting toothpaste?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
Most standard mouthwashes, as well as toothpastes and other oral care products you see on the sh...
Why is brushing your teeth each day important for your overall health?
Dr. Anita GuptaDr. Anita Gupta
Oral health does affect overall health. For example, bad oral hygiene is often linked to heart disea...
What Can I Do About My Bad Teeth?
What Can I Do About My Bad Teeth?