What solution is used in a neti pot?

A saline or saltwater solution is used in a neti pot, a small container used to rinse out the nasal passages. You can purchase saline solution at most pharmacies or you can make your own saltwater solution at home. Just dissolve 1 teaspoon of table salt into 2 cups of warm distilled or sterilized water. The water shouldn't be too hot.

Continue Learning about Healthy Nose

Why is my sense of smell so sensitive?
A person's nose can detect up to 10,000 smells, without being smell-sensitive. In this video, Dr...
Why are boogers sticky?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Obviously, your child is starting a long and brilliant scientific career with this question!"Boogers...
Where is the “triangle of death” on my face?
Humans just can't seem to keep their hands off their faces. They are committed to plucking and poppi...
How can I help avoid sinus problems?
Try the following to avoid sinus problems: Bathe your nasal passages daily. Use a small pot or s...