What is surgical septoplasty?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
A surgical septoplasty is useful for realignment of the midline structures of the internal nose. The septal cartilage and septal bones may be repostitioned surgically using a septoplasty surgery. Only board-certified plastic surgeons and otolaryngologist should perform this often tricky procedure. 

Continue Learning about Healthy Nose

How can I avoid infecting my “triangle of death"?
Your “triangle of death” extends from the corners of the mouth to the bridge of the nose and is susc...
Is it dangerous to pull out nose hairs?
Yes, pulling nose hairs can be as bad for your brain as it is for your dating life. The danger is th...
Why is my sense of smell so sensitive?
A person's nose can detect up to 10,000 smells, without being smell-sensitive. In this video, Dr...
How long is the balloon sinuplasty procedure effective?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Ninety percent of patients who undergo a balloon sinuplasty procedure only need it once. In this vid...