On the inside of the nose there are normal bony structures called turbinates, which are covered by a large amount of spongy mucosa (the pink lining inside the nose). Turbinates are very susceptible to allergy and dust irritation. If they become swollen, known as hypertrophy, it can be difficult to breathe through the nose.
- Q Should my teenager have a nose job?
- Q How can I help avoid sinus problems?
- Q What is the function of the nose?
- Q What is balloon sinuplasty?
- Q Is there anything I can do as a WisePatient to prevent sinus complications?
- Q What are some causes of nasal obstruction in children?