What is balloon sinuplasty?

Many allergy sufferers also end up fighting chronic sinusitis. This happens because the paranasal sinuses are blocked and when the mucus can't flow, it can cause an infection in those sinuses, which is sinusitis.

The first-line treatment for sinusitis is antibiotics to kill the bacteria. If you continue to get sinus infections, then surgery is necessary.

Balloon sinuplasty is a procedure that uses a balloon to make changes to the sinus openings without cutting them. Doctors get the sinuses open so they can drain properly and not get stopped up again. With this proceudre, recovery time is probably 25 percent of what it used to be.

Balloon sinuplasty is a surgical procedure that allows the sinuses to open and drain. This effective procedure means fewer infections with easier recovery.

Continue Learning about Healthy Nose

How can I avoid infecting my “triangle of death"?
Your “triangle of death” extends from the corners of the mouth to the bridge of the nose and is susc...
How long is the balloon sinuplasty procedure effective?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Ninety percent of patients who undergo a balloon sinuplasty procedure only need it once. In this vid...
Is it dangerous to pull out nose hairs?
Yes, pulling nose hairs can be as bad for your brain as it is for your dating life. The danger is th...
What is surgical septoplasty?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
A surgical septoplasty is useful for realignment of the midline structures of the internal nose. The...