Why is my sense of smell so sensitive?

A person's nose can detect up to 10,000 smells, without being smell-sensitive. In this video, Dr. Oz talks about why it is better to have too much smell than not enough. 

Continue Learning about Healthy Nose

Is there anything I can do as a WisePatient to prevent sinus complications?
Satish Govindaraj, MDSatish Govindaraj, MD
Pay attention to your sinus symptoms and take preventive steps like doing an saline wash, says S...
Is it dangerous to pull out nose hairs?
Yes, pulling nose hairs can be as bad for your brain as it is for your dating life. The danger is th...
What is surgical septoplasty?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
A surgical septoplasty is useful for realignment of the midline structures of the internal nose. The...
How long is the balloon sinuplasty procedure effective?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Ninety percent of patients who undergo a balloon sinuplasty procedure only need it once. In this vid...