Why is my sense of smell so sensitive?

A person's nose can detect up to 10,000 smells, without being smell-sensitive. In this video, Dr. Oz talks about why it is better to have too much smell than not enough. 

Continue Learning about Healthy Nose

How can I avoid infecting my “triangle of death"?
Your “triangle of death” extends from the corners of the mouth to the bridge of the nose and is susc...
How can I help avoid sinus problems?
Try the following to avoid sinus problems: Bathe your nasal passages daily. Use a small pot or s...
Is there anything I can do as a WisePatient to prevent sinus complications?
Satish Govindaraj, MDSatish Govindaraj, MD
Pay attention to your sinus symptoms and take preventive steps like doing an saline wash, says S...
If you stop smoking can the hair cells in the nose grow back?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Hair cells in the nose don’t grow back after patients stop smoking. Watch sinus surgeon Alen Cohen, ...