How can I avoid infecting my “triangle of death"?

Your “triangle of death” extends from the corners of the mouth to the bridge of the nose and is susceptible to infection and serious health complications. Avoid infecting it by following these tips:

• Clear nasal passages with a nasal rinse and a neti pot as part of your daily morning hygiene routine.
  • Gently clear crust from the nose carefully using a clean tissue, not your nail or other device.
  • Avoid popping or picking at facial pimples, blackheads, cuts, and scabs.
  • Treat any facial infection, sore, or cut immediately.
  • Line your nose with an emollient jelly to make it less crusty.
  • Use rotary nose-hair trimmers that gently cut the hairs rather than pulling them out at the roots.
  • Rethink facial piercing.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Healthy Nose

If you stop smoking can the hair cells in the nose grow back?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Hair cells in the nose don’t grow back after patients stop smoking. Watch sinus surgeon Alen Cohen, ...
Is there anything I can do as a WisePatient to prevent sinus complications?
Satish Govindaraj, MDSatish Govindaraj, MD
Pay attention to your sinus symptoms and take preventive steps like doing an saline wash, says S...
Where is the “triangle of death” on my face?
Humans just can't seem to keep their hands off their faces. They are committed to plucking and poppi...
Why are boogers sticky?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Obviously, your child is starting a long and brilliant scientific career with this question!"Boogers...