What causes white spots on my nails?

These small, semicircular spots result from injury to the base (matrix) of the nail, where nail cells are produced -- they’ll eventually grow out.
YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Healthy Nails

Should I worry if my toenails stop growing?
Nail growth can be affected by disease or illness, your diet, medications you take, and the natu...
Should I let the manicurist cut my cuticles?
You’re better protected against infections in nail salons if you skip the cuticle pushing and clippi...
Sneak Peek: Are Gel Manicures Safe?
Sneak Peek: Are Gel Manicures Safe?
Are There Products I Shouldn't Use On My Fingernails?