How is nail care different for men than for women?

Whether you’re a man or a woman, it’s important to keep your nails healthy and clean. Trim your nails regularly by cutting them straight across, and avoid cutting the cuticles, the ridge of tissue where the nail meets the skin. Men may need to cut their nails more frequently than women, as women’s nails tend to grow more slowly (except possibly during pregnancy). If you notice any unusual changes in your nails, see your dermatologist.

Continue Learning about Healthy Nails

Why is painting your nails an unhealthy idea?
While we know that everyone from 10-year-old girls to 50-year-old women enjoy beautifully painted na...
What causes changes in fingernails?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
All sorts of illnesses can make your fingernails look funny. Psoriasis and fungal infections are the...
Are There Products I Shouldn't Use On My Fingernails?
What Is the Best Way to Clip My Nails?
What Is the Best Way to Clip My Nails?