What makes urine smell bad?

Sweet-smelling urine could be a sign of undiagnosed diabetes or poorly managed or treated diabetes. If you already have diabetes, check your glucose levels—and if they’re too high, call your doctor. If you haven't been diagnosed with diabetes, be sure to get tested.

Continue Learning about Healthy Kidneys & Urinary System

Is Holding It in Harmful to Your Health?
Manny Ramirez let it flow behind the Green Monster while playing left field for the Boston Red Sox. Michael Phelps did it in the pool of course, and a...
What Color Should Your Urine Be?
What Color Should Your Urine Be?
Did you know that every time you pee, your urine gives important clues about your overall health? "The healthiest urine color is clear,” says Jamison ...
How much urine does my body produce every day?
Dr. Jill RabinDr. Jill Rabin
Each day the kidneys filter approximately forty gallons of blood but excrete only about 1 percent of...
What does it mean if I test positive for protein in my urine?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Apart from it being an early sign of kidney disease, protein in the urine also can be an early w...