What causes bladder issues?

Bladder issues can be identified as a failure to store or empty urine, or some combination of both. In the general population, there are many adults over 60 who have urinary incontinence, and it is twice as common in females. This is commonly due to anatomic or physiological changes that occur. Frequent urinary tract infections, obesity, and decreased mobility are also important risk factors.

Continue Learning about Healthy Kidneys & Urinary System

Is Holding It in Harmful to Your Health?
Manny Ramirez let it flow behind the Green Monster while playing left field for the Boston Red Sox. Michael Phelps did it in the pool of course, and a...
Baby Your Kidneys with This Winter Stew
Baby Your Kidneys with This Winter Stew
When the mercury starts to dip, warm up your insides with an all-bean chili. Your kidneys will be happier. Why? Because all beans means no meat -- an...
What is the function of the kidneys?
The kidney's day job is removing water waste from your body, but it doubles as a key hormone-produci...
What should I do if I have trouble urinating after abdominal surgery?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
After surgery, you might have trouble urinating. This might be due to your surgery. But it may also ...