How much urine does my body produce every day?

Dr. Jill Rabin
OBGYN (Obstetrician & Gynecologist)

Each day the kidneys filter approximately forty gallons of blood but excrete only about 1 percent of the blood’s water and salts. They produce approximately four ounces of urine per hour unless adversely affected by drug intake or favorably affected by the efficient pumping of blood through the body when it is exercising or lying flat. Anywhere between thirty-two to sixty-four ounces of urine are produced daily.

Mind Over Bladder: I Never Met a Bathroom I Didn't Like!

Advance praise for Mind Over Bladder "Where is the closest bathroom?" If you listen hard enough, these are the words you hear from the lips of millions of women as they enter malls, lobbies, museums,...

Typically, a person should produce one to two liters of urine a day.

Continue Learning about Healthy Kidneys & Urinary System

Is Holding It in Harmful to Your Health?
Manny Ramirez let it flow behind the Green Monster while playing left field for the Boston Red Sox. Michael Phelps did it in the pool of course, and a...
A Tangy Treat That's Good for Your Bladder
Here's a diet "do" that may help keep your bladder cancer-free. Start your day with some yogurt. Later, have some more for a snack. Compared with the...
What is the function of the kidneys?
The kidney's day job is removing water waste from your body, but it doubles as a key hormone-produci...
How can I keep my kidneys healthy?
Living a healthy lifestyle is important for kidney health. Medical conditions such as diabetes, high...