How much urine does my body produce every day?

Dr. Jill Rabin
OBGYN (Obstetrician & Gynecologist)

Each day the kidneys filter approximately forty gallons of blood but excrete only about 1 percent of the blood’s water and salts. They produce approximately four ounces of urine per hour unless adversely affected by drug intake or favorably affected by the efficient pumping of blood through the body when it is exercising or lying flat. Anywhere between thirty-two to sixty-four ounces of urine are produced daily.

Mind Over Bladder: I Never Met a Bathroom I Didn't Like!

Advance praise for Mind Over Bladder "Where is the closest bathroom?" If you listen hard enough, these are the words you hear from the lips of millions of women as they enter malls, lobbies, museums,...

Typically, a person should produce one to two liters of urine a day.

Continue Learning about Healthy Kidneys & Urinary System

A Tangy Treat That's Good for Your Bladder
Here's a diet "do" that may help keep your bladder cancer-free. Start your day with some yogurt. Later, have some more for a snack. Compared with thei...
What Color Should Your Urine Be?
What Color Should Your Urine Be?
Did you know that every time you pee, your urine gives important clues about your overall health? "The healthiest urine color is clear,” says Jamison ...
What is the function of the kidneys?
The function of the kidneys is to extract and filter what is considered to be waste, or unnecessary ...
How does the urinary system normally work?
Greenville Health SystemGreenville Health System
For normal urination, all parts of the urinary system must work together. Here is how the urinary sy...