How much urine does my body produce every day?

Dr. Jill Rabin
OBGYN (Obstetrician & Gynecologist)

Each day the kidneys filter approximately forty gallons of blood but excrete only about 1 percent of the blood’s water and salts. They produce approximately four ounces of urine per hour unless adversely affected by drug intake or favorably affected by the efficient pumping of blood through the body when it is exercising or lying flat. Anywhere between thirty-two to sixty-four ounces of urine are produced daily.

Mind Over Bladder: I Never Met a Bathroom I Didn't Like!

Advance praise for Mind Over Bladder "Where is the closest bathroom?" If you listen hard enough, these are the words you hear from the lips of millions of women as they enter malls, lobbies, museums,...

Typically, a person should produce one to two liters of urine a day.

Continue Learning about Healthy Kidneys & Urinary System

What Color Should Your Urine Be?
What Color Should Your Urine Be?
Did you know that every time you pee, your urine gives important clues about your overall health? "The healthiest urine color is clear,” says Jamison ...
Baby Your Kidneys with This Winter Stew
Baby Your Kidneys with This Winter Stew
When the mercury starts to dip, warm up your insides with an all-bean chili. Your kidneys will be happier. Why? Because all beans means no meat -- an...
What is the urinary system?
The urinary system includes the kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra. This body system helps you re...
How can I keep my kidneys healthy?
Living a healthy lifestyle is important for kidney health. Medical conditions such as diabetes, high...