How can I tell my doctor about overactive bladder without embarrassment?

Don't be embarrassed about telling your doctor that you have an overactive bladder. Bladder problems are very common, and chances are that your doctor already has a number of patients who have similar challenges.

Your discomfort is understandable, given the private nature of the problem. But don't let a little awkwardness prevent you from getting treatment for a bladder problem. Just take a deep breath and say, "Doctor, there's something I would like to talk about," and describe your symptoms as best you can. You won't be sorry.
There is no need to feel embarrassed about telling your doctor about overactive bladder. Doctors get these types of questions very often. You can always tell your doctor, "I have an embarrassing problem I'm hoping you can help me with." This will let your doctor know you have a problem and will let the doctor know you are embarrassed by it. This helps the doctor help you in the best way possible.

Continue Learning about Healthy Kidneys & Urinary System

Is Holding It in Harmful to Your Health?
Manny Ramirez let it flow behind the Green Monster while playing left field for the Boston Red Sox. Michael Phelps did it in the pool of course, and a...
Baby Your Kidneys with This Winter Stew
Baby Your Kidneys with This Winter Stew
When the mercury starts to dip, warm up your insides with an all-bean chili. Your kidneys will be happier. Why? Because all beans means no meat -- an...
What are the steps when performing CISC for boys?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Clean intermittent self-catheterization (CISC) for boys is done as follows: Gather everything nee...
How can I get my child to drink more water?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Drinking water is important, but how do you get kids to drink more water? Parents can send a water b...