Should I talk to my doctor about my bladder stones symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If your bladder stones are causing painful symptoms, you should talk to your doctor. Without treatment, bladder stones can cause a number of long term urinary problems, including frequent urinary tract infections, chronic painful and frequent urination, and blockage of the urinary tract. Bladder stones irritate the inside of your bladder and raise your chances of contracting bladder cancer. Only your doctor can tell you if your bladder stones will pass without surgery. If your bladder stones are large, surgery may be your only option.

Continue Learning about Healthy Kidneys & Urinary System

What Color Should Your Urine Be?
What Color Should Your Urine Be?
Did you know that every time you pee, your urine gives important clues about your overall health? "The healthiest urine color is clear,” says Jamison ...
Is Holding It in Harmful to Your Health?
Manny Ramirez let it flow behind the Green Monster while playing left field for the Boston Red Sox. Michael Phelps did it in the pool of course, and a...
How can I get my child to drink more water?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Drinking water is important, but how do you get kids to drink more water? Parents can send a water b...
What function do the kidneys perform?
The kidneys are small organs that filter and remove waste from your blood. Our kidneys also maintain...