How can I get my child to drink more water?

Drinking water is important, but how do you get kids to drink more water? Parents can send a water bottle with lunch to school, instead of a juice box or sports drink. Make a habit when they are very young to serve water with every meal and snack. Kids like ice water, especially when the ice is made in a tray of shapes (like stars or hearts). Don't wait for your child to tell you he or she is thirsty. He or she may not realize it. Bring water to sports activities and to the park. Have a water bottle in the car on every trip.

Continue Learning about Healthy Kidneys & Urinary System

Baby Your Kidneys with This Winter Stew
Baby Your Kidneys with This Winter Stew
When the mercury starts to dip, warm up your insides with an all-bean chili. Your kidneys will be happier. Why? Because all beans means no meat -- an...
What Color Should Your Urine Be?
What Color Should Your Urine Be?
Did you know that every time you pee, your urine gives important clues about your overall health? "The healthiest urine color is clear,” says Jamison ...
What does it mean when someone does CISC through a stoma?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Some people need an operation where the doctor makes a small hole through the abdomen into the bladd...
What causes urine to have a strong odor?
Dr. Arthur R. Crowley, MDDr. Arthur R. Crowley, MD
Normally, urine doesn't have much of an odor. The volume and concentration of a variety of substance...