Does clean intermittent self-catheterization (CISC) hurt?

Clean intermittent self-catheterization (CISC) shouldn't hurt, though it can seem strange at first. It gets easier with practice and soon it’ll only take a few minutes each time. People using CISC should talk to their doctor or nurse if they have a fever, if CISC is painful, or if urine is cloudy, smelly or has blood in it.

Continue Learning about Healthy Kidneys & Urinary System

A Tangy Treat That's Good for Your Bladder
Here's a diet "do" that may help keep your bladder cancer-free. Start your day with some yogurt. Later, have some more for a snack. Compared with the...
Is Holding It in Harmful to Your Health?
Manny Ramirez let it flow behind the Green Monster while playing left field for the Boston Red Sox. Michael Phelps did it in the pool of course, and a...
How can I keep my kidneys healthy?
Living a healthy lifestyle is important for kidney health. Medical conditions such as diabetes, high...
Why would I need to use clean intermittent self-catheterization?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
You would need to use clean intermittent self-catheterization (CISC) to help you empty your bladder ...