Why do people have pubic hair?

Before central heating, pubic hair kept the genitals warm. The obvious advantage of warm genitals is that people would be more likely to take their clothes off, and men would be more likely to maintain an erection. Evolutionarily, the other function of hair was to draw attention to the genitals. (Evidently, it is not just modern men who seem to need a map to ensure they are heading in the right direction.) Pubic hair also decreases friction during intercourse, and I’ve seen some pretty nasty “rug burn” from rubbing while bare.
Sex Rx: Hormones, Health, and Your Best Sex Ever

For millions of women in America, sex isn’t always pleasurable or even possible. Instead, sex has become a low priority as they navigate marriage, motherhood, and work . . . not to mention cope with chronic stress and lack of sleep. Throw in the natural fluctuations in hormone levels that all women experience throughout their lives and it’s not surprising that sex can become, well, a little less sexy. Additionally, common gynecological problems can make sex uncomfortable, and medical issues can cause it to be downright painful.Dr. Lauren Streicher, a leading women’s sexual health expert, offers women the courage, vocabulary, and knowledge to identify and solve problems in the bedroom, for a wide range of issues—from flagging libido, vaginal dryness, and sex after menopause, to hormone supplements and the effects of medication, Sex Rx offers a wealth of knowledge, along with a good dose of humor and plenty of encouragement, so that every woman, no matter what personal challenges she has, can make having great sex a part of their lives forever.Sex Rx was originally published in hardcover as Love Sex Again.

Continue Learning about Healthy Hair and Scalp

Is Your Hair Falling Out? This Condition May Be to Blame
There are roughly 150,000 hair follicles on your head, and it’s normal to lose around 50 to 150 strands of hair a day. More than that could indicate a...
How can I test whether my hair is healthy?
Your outer beauty often reflects your inner health, and that's especially true when it comes to hair...
What causes changes in hair texture?
Many factors can cause your hair to change in texture. Changes in hair texture are common during pre...
Should You Wash Your Hair Every Day?
Should You Wash Your Hair Every Day?