Good trimmers and tweezers are all you need for the latter. For the former, Try these healthy hair foods from Drs. Roizen and Oz -- they can help make your locks look more like they did in your 20s.
- Eat more salmon. Omega-3 rich foods like salmon and sardines help seal in shine. Distilled fish oils or DHA supplements will work, too.
- Be a bran lover. Bran is rich in vitamin B, which may slow hair loss and promote hair growth. Other B-rich foods include beans, peas, carrots, cauliflower, soybeans, nuts and eggs.
- Say yes to avocados. Avocados and avocado oil may prevent dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which kills hair follicles, from getting where it needs to go.
- Say no to animal fat -- and red meat -- if you're losing hair. They can lead to more DHT production and hair-follicle damage.
- Stock up on green tea. Brew a strong pot, cool it, then give your head a rinse to help kill off dandruff-causing fungus. Incidentally, if you drink green tea, the caffeine in it may help slow balding.