Why is my pubic hair a different color than the hair on my head?

Pubic hair if frequently a darker than hair on the head. In this video, Dr. Oz  answers an audience member's question about why her pubic hair is a different color than the hair on her head.

Continue Learning about Healthy Hair and Scalp

Is Your Hair Falling Out? This Condition May Be to Blame
There are roughly 150,000 hair follicles on your head, and it’s normal to lose around 50 to 150 strands of hair a day. More than that could indicate a...
How many hairs do I lose a day?
The average person loses an average of 50 to 100 hairs from the head every day. You have about 1...
What is the function of pubic hair?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Pubic hair protects, cushions, and prevents irritation during sexual intercourse.
Why Do Some People Get Hair In Their Nose and Ears?