How many hairs does the average person have on their head?

If you're counting, you either have very little hair or are in a desperate need for a hobby. The average person's head has up to 150,000 hair follicles (the entire adult body has 5 million). That number is constant over a lifetime; it's hereditary, so only the thickness of your hair, its condition, and whether you lose the actual strands that come from those follicles can change.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Healthy Hair and Scalp

8 Top Foods to Eat for Healthy Hair
8 Top Foods to Eat for Healthy Hair
Of course you care how your hair looks. Who doesn't? Ever since humans emerged from caves, we've used our hair to broadcast two messages: "I'm healthy...
Why do people have pubic hair?
Lauren Streicher, MDLauren Streicher, MD
Before central heating, pubic hair kept the genitals warm. The obvious advantage of warm genitals is...
What does my hair reflect about me?
In addition to its utilitarian functions, hair reflects a lot about our self-esteem, taste, gender, ...
Should You Wash Your Hair Every Day?
Should You Wash Your Hair Every Day?