Why should I practice healthy habits if I have a child?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
Many of you don't really start to think about yourself as a "role model" until your children are conscious of you and your habits. That's when it becomes imperative to pay closer attention to your actions. If you don't eat like your kids, what message are you sending? Kids learn through watching and attempting to mimic their parents. Think about where you learned your habits -- both good and bad. Remember, your kids are watching you as much or more than they are listening to you. Don't expect your child to love being active if you're not. If they ask where you are going and you say, "I have to go work out; I have to use my muscles," they will begin to understand the importance of exercise. They need to know that you spent part of your day in a workout.
Mom Energy: A Simple Plan to Live Fully Charged

From celebrated dietitian Ashley Koff and fitness trainer to the stars Kathy Kaehler comes Mom Energy, an exciting new way for moms to tap into their own natural and renewable sources of...

Continue Learning about Healthy Habits

Health Hazards from Your Smartphone
Health Hazards from Your Smartphone
Let’s ring in the New Year with awareness of some of the health hazards—both mental and physical—that your smartphone dials up. We reported: Research...
How should I teach my child to cover a sneeze?
Bet you didn't know that the contents of a sneeze travel at roughly ninety-five miles per hour. That...
6 Healthy Life Hacks
6 Healthy Life Hacks6 Healthy Life Hacks6 Healthy Life Hacks6 Healthy Life Hacks
Just because you’re pressed for time, doesn’t mean your health has to suffer. Here are some tips and tricks to make being healthy easier. Drink more w...
How Can I Protect Myself from the Radiation Emitted by Cell Phones?