What behaviors should I reward?

You should reward positive intent, effort, growth, change, and development.
It is ok to reward yourself for exercising but be careful of the reward. If the reward contradicts the healthy exercise you just did, then it might not be the best reward. However, if it is in-line with the positive direction you are headed then it can help continue to move you forward. Be careful to not get stuck on outside rewards that change or go away because ultimately it doesn't keep you motivated to continue the behavior.

Continue Learning about Healthy Habits

Delayed Gratification Can Help You Lose Weight
Delayed Gratification is a magazine dedicated to Slow Journalism—that is, analysis of news events delayed until after the dust has settled. The hope: ...
What role does food play in my social life?
Katie Rickel, PhDKatie Rickel, PhD
Take a moment to think of one occasion, gathering, celebration or holiday that does not involve ...
9 Healthy Habits That Add Years to Your Life
9 Healthy Habits That Add Years to Your Life9 Healthy Habits That Add Years to Your Life9 Healthy Habits That Add Years to Your Life9 Healthy Habits That Add Years to Your Life
Some of these lifestyle tweaks could add more than a decade to your life expectancy.
Is Being Obese Related to Having Debt?
Is Being Obese Related to Having Debt?