What are routines?

Lynne Kenney
Your rhythm is the rate or pace at which you do things on a weekly basis. It’s the big picture, the overall structure. Now, within the larger rhythmic patterns are many small events that also happen on a daily basis: These are your routines. If we were talking about music, rhythm would be the distinctive pace of a song that makes you tap your foot from beginning to end. Using that music image some more, routines might be the repeating groups of notes that make up the verses and the choruses. All those little but important activities that make up your day, your week or your year are your routines.

Continue Learning about Healthy Habits

Five Ways to Improve Your Health
Five Ways to Improve Your Health
You’re in an exam room, wearing a blue paper robe, as the doctor checks your blood pressure, heart rate, breathing, and weight. Afterwards he reaches ...
How can I keep track of my health habits?
Sheri D. PruittSheri D. Pruitt
We all know that balancing our checkbook helps us keep track of money so we don't overspend. The sam...
10 Bad Habits That Age You
10 Bad Habits That Age You10 Bad Habits That Age You10 Bad Habits That Age You10 Bad Habits That Age You
Avoid these everyday mistakes that can make your RealAge older.
5 Keys to Make Healthy Changes
5 Keys to Make Healthy Changes