How should I wash my hands after touching an animal to avoid illness?

After you touch an animal, or anything in the areas where they live and roam, wash your hands right away to help prevent illness. Read the following tips to learn more about hand washing:

• Always wash hands right after handling animals, their food, and/or their habitats (for example, cages, water bowls, toys). Also, everyone should wash their hands after going to the toilet, before eating and drinking, before preparing food or drinks, and after removing soiled clothes or shoes.
  • Adults should always supervise hand washing for young children.
  • Running water and soap are best. Use hand sanitizers if running water and soap are not available. Be sure to wash your hands with soap and water as soon as a sink is available.

Continue Learning about Healthy Habits

4 Ways to Stop Procrastinating
4 Ways to Stop Procrastinating
Have you ever felt like putting off a task until tomorrow? Many of us do – and then we get to the task tomorrow. But for some, “tomorrow” doesn’t come...
What is the importance of self-imposed limitations?
Mia RedrickMia Redrick
We all have self-imposed limitations.  The key to overcoming them is understanding that they exist a...
10 Bad Habits That Age You
10 Bad Habits That Age You10 Bad Habits That Age You10 Bad Habits That Age You10 Bad Habits That Age You
Avoid these everyday mistakes that can make your RealAge older.
How Does Hand Washing Help Prevent Me From Catching a Cold?