How can I deal with a bad day?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
Having a really bad day? End it! Sometimes we can't fix a day that's gone really bad. The sooner you can end it, the sooner you can leave it behind and start afresh again. And if it's too early to end it, then try a nap to reboot yourself -- and your day. Be careful how your bad day is affecting your decisions (e.g., what you eat, how you behave in front of your children, and so on). Don't trade one bandage for another, such as soothing your bad day with an outrageous shopping spree that sinks your bank account. Continue to make informed decisions that feed your energy tank so you don't feel like a victim but you also don't feel deprived. Don't be afraid to cry! If you feel like it, it's a great option.
Mom Energy: A Simple Plan to Live Fully Charged

From celebrated dietitian Ashley Koff and fitness trainer to the stars Kathy Kaehler comes Mom Energy, an exciting new way for moms to tap into their own natural and renewable sources of...

Continue Learning about Healthy Habits

Redefining Fun—for Your Health
Redefining Fun—for Your Health
“What’s the fun in that?!” That’s what a woman recently asked when Dr. Mike suggested one way to improve her diabetes control was to give up pancakes ...
How can I tell if my goals are unrealistic?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
A goal is unrealistic when the goal is something that requires more energy, skills, talents, and...
6 Secrets of the Healthiest Families
6 Secrets of the Healthiest Families6 Secrets of the Healthiest Families6 Secrets of the Healthiest Families6 Secrets of the Healthiest Families
Are you practicing any of these habits with your own family? Being healthy and active with your family is fun—and it's easier than you may think. Your...
Should Everyone Be Monitoring Their Health?