How can I avoid fecal contamination of my hands?

Wash hands thoroughly and frequently with soap and water, especially after using the toilet, before handling or eating food, and before and after every diaper change. Avoid scratching the skin in the anal area. Keep fingernails clean and short. Avoid biting nails, and wear gloves when doing gardening or working in soil and sand.

Continue Learning about Healthy Habits

Ask Oz and Roizen: Maternal Obesity and Teen Vaping
Q: My sister is having a baby and has been gaining weight. She has struggled with weight control in the past. How can I help her implement healthier h...
How do I achieve optimal health?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
In order to achieve optimal health, you must nurture and nourish both your body and your soul. You n...
6 Easy Ways to Start Practicing Self-Care Today
6 Easy Ways to Start Practicing Self-Care Today6 Easy Ways to Start Practicing Self-Care Today6 Easy Ways to Start Practicing Self-Care Today6 Easy Ways to Start Practicing Self-Care Today
Start a compliment file, make a “no” list and other simple ways to take care of yourself. By Olivia DeLong You’ve heard the old saying that you have ...
How Do We Promote Healthy Changes?
How Do We Promote Healthy Changes?