As a young adult, why should I start saving money?

Regularly putting away some of your paycheck every month (particularly if you can do it automatically) can at the very least create a cushion for you for when something goes bump in the night. And you may even be able to start saving for your future (i.e., retirement, your kids’ education, your own restaurant), which can reduce stress over the rest of your life. Financial woes plague a lot of people, especially those in their twenties, who may have large student loans to pay off. If you keep a small cushion for yourself, despite your other obligations, it can tremendously help your psyche.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Healthy Habits

Worst Case Scenario: I Sat on Pee!
Worst Case Scenario: I Sat on Pee!
Does this sound familiar? While rushing to answer an urgent call of nature, you plop down on a public toilet seat without looking at it first and yuck...
How can I avoid sitting when commuting?
The Medical Center of AuroraThe Medical Center of Aurora
Here are some tips to avoid sitting while commuting: Choose an alternative mode of transportatio...
5 Ways to Spring Clean Your Life
5 Ways to Spring Clean Your Life5 Ways to Spring Clean Your Life5 Ways to Spring Clean Your Life5 Ways to Spring Clean Your Life
Give your health a boost by spring cleaning all the spaces in your life. Spring is here – and for many of us, that means it’s time for spring cleaning...
What Are the Benefits and Risks of an Ice Bath?