As a young adult, why should I start saving money?

Regularly putting away some of your paycheck every month (particularly if you can do it automatically) can at the very least create a cushion for you for when something goes bump in the night. And you may even be able to start saving for your future (i.e., retirement, your kids’ education, your own restaurant), which can reduce stress over the rest of your life. Financial woes plague a lot of people, especially those in their twenties, who may have large student loans to pay off. If you keep a small cushion for yourself, despite your other obligations, it can tremendously help your psyche.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Healthy Habits

4 Steps to Break Bad Habits
4 Steps to Break Bad Habits
From Carnie Wilson's compulsion to overeat to Lindsay Lohan's repeated problems with -- well, take your pick -- TV is blanketed with the sagas of cele...
Why should I practice healthy habits if I have a child?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Many of you don't really start to think about yourself as a "role model" until your children are con...
7 Surprising Secrets of Healthy Eaters
7 Surprising Secrets of Healthy Eaters7 Surprising Secrets of Healthy Eaters7 Surprising Secrets of Healthy Eaters7 Surprising Secrets of Healthy Eaters
They have nothing to do with what you eat—or how much. 
How Do You Teach Others to Change Their Lives?