Why should I eat dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate?

Dark chocolate generally has less sugar and increased amounts of antioxidants when compared to milk chocolate. Although dark chocolate may be healthier than milk chocolate, it should still be eaten in moderation.
Daphne Oz
Health Education
A lot depends on the kind of chocolate you're eyeing. While "chocolate" imposters, like many milk chocolates, are made from flavored trans fats (mutilated fats that are terrible for your body) and have very little real cocoa content, real chocolate, the kind made from cocoa butter, is rich in flavonoids, special antioxidants that slow the aging process and reinforce your immune system. No doubt about it, chocolate is fattening, so it should be savored in immoderation. But if you need a little pick-me-up-either to snap out of a yawning spree or an emotional slump, or to stave off those time-of-the-month cravings, a little piece of dark chocolate with at least 75 percent cocoa delivers. The more than four hundred chemicals in chocolate may positively affect your body's "happy" mood chemicals, including serotonin, endorphins, and even phenylethylamine, the body's chemical response to romance. Ooh-la-la!
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Healthy Foods & Cooking

Just How Extra Virgin Is Your Olive Oil?
When Olive Oyl stirred up trouble between her boyfriend Popeye and brutish Bluto, she was slick enough escape from harm’s way. Seems OO has a way of m...
Why is it healthier to eat at home than to eat at a restaurant?
Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)
Restaurants are becoming better at paying attention to nutritional information, and that is good. Ho...
Freshest Farmers' Market Picks
Freshest Farmers' Market PicksFreshest Farmers' Market PicksFreshest Farmers' Market PicksFreshest Farmers' Market Picks
Add these fresh, local choices to your favorite recipes this summer.
How Can I Choose Convenience Foods That Are Healthy?