What kind of salad dressing is best for my health?

Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
Choose full-fat oil-based salad dressings, such as those made with extra-virgin olive oil. The rich omega-3 fatty acids in the oil combined with the leafy greens in your salad can reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke, and even rheumatoid arthritis. You also need the fat to help your body absorb antioxidants and fat- soluble vitamins like vitamins A, D, E, and K, many of which are found in the same veggies contained in your salad. Now remember: the dressing to opt for is oil-based, never creamy.

Continue Learning about Healthy Foods & Cooking

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Growing Your Own Groceries
You’d think finding fresh produce in a tropical island paradise would be cheap and easy. But with the majority of Hawaii’s produce being shipped in, g...
How can I add more fruits and vegetables to my meals?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
There are plenty of opportunities to add fruits and vegetables to your meals, for example by adding ...
5 Fall-Inspired Muffins That Are Actually Healthy
5 Fall-Inspired Muffins That Are Actually Healthy5 Fall-Inspired Muffins That Are Actually Healthy5 Fall-Inspired Muffins That Are Actually Healthy5 Fall-Inspired Muffins That Are Actually Healthy
Your favorite autumn flavors—apple, pumpkin, cinnamon and more—baked into an easy and delicious morning meal.
What's a Healthier, Lowfat Version of Chicken Pot Pie?