What are some healthy ways to satisfy my sweet tooth?

Jessica Crandall
Look for foods that have natural sugars such as fruits and dairy products. You can also look for recipes that reduce the amount of sugar to assist you in healthy lifestyle changes. If you are having something that is a treat try to stick to the guideline 2 bites cures a craving -- after that your just feeding old behaviors -- this is a great portion control guideline. 
If you have a hankering for something sweet, opt for an apple, nectarine, mango, or pineapple. Enjoy a handful of nuts and half an ounce of dark chocolate twice a day -- ideally, 30 minutes before lunch and dinner to help control your appetite. Finally, keep your eye out for the words dextrose, corn sugar, fructose and high fructose corn syrup on labels -- and just say "no."

Continue Learning about Healthy Foods & Cooking

What's a healthy dinner my kids will enjoy making?
One of the best ways to encourage your children to eat right is to make cooking a family affair. In ...
How Do I Choose a Healthy Cereal?
How Do I Choose a Healthy Cereal?
What Are the Health Benefits of Eating Dark Chocolate?
What Is Nori Seaweed?
What Is Nori Seaweed?