What are healthy ways to include meat in my diet?

Dr. Mark Hyman, MD
Family Medicine
The healthiest way to include meat in your diet is to consider it a condiment or a side dish, rather than a main course. In this video, I will explain why smaller portions and sustainably raised options are best. 
Heidi Skolnik, MS
Sports Medicine

There are many healthy ways to include red meat in your diet; it can certainly be enjoyed in moderation. In this video, nutritionist Heidi Skolnik discusses the importance of cut and portion control when choosing to incorporate meat into your diet.

Keri Gans
Here are some healthy tips for eating meat:
  1. Limit your intake of red meat to two servings per week.
  2. Eat fish a minimum of twice a week.
  3. Remove the skin from chicken and turkey, whether eating out or dining in.
  4. Never fry meat or poultry (or order it fried), and trim visible fat before cooking.
  5. Aim for one completely meatless meal per week.
The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You

THE ONLY “DIET” PLAN YOU WILL EVER NEED! No deprivation, no struggles. Just ten small changes that will transform your life. Keri Gans, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, shares...

Continue Learning about Healthy Foods & Cooking

Can Pasta Be a Part of a Healthy Diet?
Can Pasta Be a Part of a Healthy Diet?
We couldn’t help but laugh and shake our heads when we saw the headline, “Pasta is not fattening—quite the opposite, Italian study finds,” and then re...
What oils can I use for marinades and dressings?
These oils are suitable for gently warmed dishes, marinades, or salads:olive oiltoasted sesame oil...
8 Tricks for Healthier Chili
8 Tricks for Healthier Chili8 Tricks for Healthier Chili8 Tricks for Healthier Chili8 Tricks for Healthier Chili
Craving comfort food? Here’s how to make sure your favorite winter stew won’t weigh you down.
Apple Pie Breakfast Bulgar
Apple Pie Breakfast Bulgar