What are healthy dishes for a New Year's Eve party?

Because New Year's Eve parties can often last several hours, guests will be looking for a variety of foods throughout the night. If you are throwing a New Year's Eve party, try some of these healthy and tasty ideas to make your party a hit.

Snacks and appetizers:
  • Slice fresh vegetables and serve with low-fat dip.
  • Low-fat popcorn, pretzels with mustard dip and baked tortilla chips and salsa make great snacks that can remain out for hours.
  • Fat-free yogurt tastes great when mixed with salsa and spinach served with low-fat crackers.
  • Mix salsa with black beans, baby white corn and cilantro with baked tortilla chips.
  • Hummus on flatbread or vegetable sticks.
Main courses:
  • Whole-grain breads, a variety of lean meats, veggies and low-fat spreads for sandwiches.
  • Chili with lean ground beef or turkey and serve in a crock pot at least 140 degrees, allowing it to stay warm for hours. Serve with low-fat or fat free cheese and sour cream and whole-grain crackers.
Desserts:
  • Make apple slices and serve with warm, low-fat caramel dip
  • Fruit parfaits with fat-free yogurt
  • Fruit kabobs or angel food cake with powdered sugar and dark chocolate sauce.

Continue Learning about Healthy Foods & Cooking

Healthy Arteries Thanks to Yogurt Benefits
A creamy snack that could boost heart health? Yep, it exists. And you're probably familiar. It's yogurt.  Health benefits of yogurt for females  In a...
How can I eat healthy during the holidays?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
For healthy eating during the holidays, try the following: Choose mostly plants. Crowd out the m...
8 Ways to Build the Perfect At-Home Brunch
8 Ways to Build the Perfect At-Home Brunch8 Ways to Build the Perfect At-Home Brunch8 Ways to Build the Perfect At-Home Brunch8 Ways to Build the Perfect At-Home Brunch
These mid-morning meals taste like your restaurant favorites, without the crowds and cost. On a brisk fall morning, there’s nothing more fun than meet...
How Should I Prepare and Eat Wheat Germ?