How do I save on dairy products while on a low budget diet?

Marisa Moore
These days, dairy products can wreak havoc on your wallet. However, there are a few things you can do to get your dairy fix without breaking the bank.
  • Because it is highly perishable, think about how much milk you can use by the expiration date to avoid waste -- which is just money down the drain. 
  • Be brand neutral. Buy the yogurt that’s on sale for the week.
  • If you eat yogurt daily, buy the 32 ounce bulk container and mix in your own fruit each day.
  • Buy cheese in blocks instead of shredded, cubed or pre-sliced. The additional processing saves time but costs more money.
  • As they are high in fat and low in nutrients, buy and use less butter and sour cream.

Continue Learning about Healthy Foods & Cooking

3 Ways To Build A Better Burger
3 Ways To Build A Better Burger
When Flint Lockwood’s super-invention goes sky high and it starts raining hamburgers (buns and all) in the animated movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meat...
What Are the Health Benefits of Eating Dark Chocolate?
Why Should I Wash All Fruit and Vegetables Before Eating?
How Should I Start Eating After a Detox Diet?